Let' talk about lead capture page or the landing page, can say its one of the best SEO practice to drive your traffic and getting leads.
Here are few tips in creating a productive landing page that converts visitors on a very huge percentage.
First: Offer something that is free like a freebie in exchange for your visitor's email address. You can offer a special report it could be anything related to your business or a sample of your paid product to your visitor in exchange for their details such as name and email address. I very much endorse this method of building your mailing list.
Second: The landing page must be written in a professional manner. When writing your landing page content, treat it as if you are writing a sales letter. While you are not necessarily making someone to buy your product upfront, being able to entice your visitors to give their details to you is just as important as selling.
Third: Landing page shouldn't have any other links to any other page. The best practice is to include your opt-in form and perhaps important disclaimers and terms. Always keep the links and navigation to a minimum.
Fourth: Rub in the benefits of the freebie you are offering more than a mere subscription to your newsletter. You should focus most of the attention of the letter on encouraging your prospective visitor to download your free offer. Later, you gently remind your prospect that he or she has nothing to pay but just merely subscribe to your newsletter in exchange for the freebie.
Fifth: If you are a smaller company, another method for increasing your landing page effectiveness is to learn from others in your space. Establish an online competitive set that you would be interested in. Benchmark their various strengths and weaknesses via quantitative measures and reverse engineer what works best.
Sixth: Great e-mail marketing strategies, doesn't involve e-mail alone. It also covers the Web pages people land on when they click through from the message to follow the call to action. You can get a great open rate and a very impressive CTR, but if the landing page doesn't carry the reader through to the goal, it's pointless.
Here are some e-mail marketing tips for creating more effective landing pages.
- We've all seen landing pages that tell you exactly what the e-mail told you - no more, no less. Why a reader likes to land there? Why don’t you make them click through to the next step? Send them to the next step directly from the e-mail.
- Don't just send your people to home page, this will make people search for what you've told them is there. Take them straight to the landing page.
- Your Call to Action button should match with your Landing Page. You're engaging readers by telling them about something, then setting an expectation for what they'll find when they click through. If it's "order now," they expect to land on a page to begin the order process. If you’re promoting a new product with a link to "learn more," readers expect to land on a page with more information. If it's "read the full article," they expect to land on a page with the full article. Be sure you deliver on the call -to -action's promise.
- Define a Clear Path and be sure you have a route in mind. If you aren’t clear on what readers should do, how can they be?
- Look and Feel of landing page should be consistent with the E-mail. Repeat your benefit-oriented headline also having the same image on the landing page and in the e-mail quickly lets readers know they're in the right place.
As a final reminder and conclusion, in order to build trust, you can include your hand-written signature or a photo of yourself explaining where you are coming from and how you can help your visitor through your free report on offer.
It's easy to read these tips and agree; it's much harder to implement them. But it's worth the effort.